Tips for Better Life - 2008
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is theultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you haveto.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'Mypurpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. Theyprovide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that ismanufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water.. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskansalmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new andflowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues ofthe past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead investyour energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems aresimply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra classbut the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like acollege kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journeyis all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, willthis matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals almost everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!) Hey I'm thinkingof ya!
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I amthankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainlydon't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make themost of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about.
May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing buthappiness come through your door!